The Trumpet 3 is out !!!!

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
MSchnell

Re: The Trumpet 3 is out !!!!

Post by MSchnell » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 am

frokka wrote:Do you guys think the SM instruments would actually sound better with 14bits MIDI?
For me actually not, because the Breath controller would need to support this as well. As TEC did not implement it yet, even though I did try to push them, I would not even be able to test a SWAM 14 bit enhancement in realtime. (BTW this would not need to be a "Beta", as the 14 Bit Midi technology automatically is fully compatible to the legacy 7 bit implementation: if the low 7 bit are not received they just stay on a default of "64".)

Regarding the Kontakt based SM instruments, SM can't help with high resolution in any way, as this would need to be a Kontakt feature. Supposedly the existing SM instruments would automatically benefit from a 14 Bit Kontakt engine.

Regarding advantage: For me it is really bad that the SWAM Flute starts with an attack when slowly increasing the expression value from 0 to 5. It's impossible to do a "soft starting" sound. Here a decent resolution really could help. On higher expression values than 5, Swam performance is just great as it is.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

frokka

Post by frokka » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:46 pm

MSchnell wrote:Regarding advantage: For me it is really bad that the SWAM Flute starts with an attack when slowly increasing the expression value from 0 to 5. It's impossible to do a "soft starting" sound. Here a decent resolution really could help. On higher expression values than 5, Swam performance is just great as it is.
This is something that could / should be improved regardless of the resolution, isn't it?
I mean you're talking about a sound that is different in harmonic structure, with a dominant breathing noise and little tonality? If not, then I don't see the problem with the soft attack as it is.

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:49 am

With the Swam Flute, an expression value of lower than 5 is silence and 6 already is a rather loud sound, disregarding the attack, But the attack heard with starting is absolutely appropriate for a sound of that intensity.

IMHO, only 4 additional steps between silence and the sound produced at level "5" is by far too coarse. So higher resolution seems appropriate.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

pascual

Post by pascual » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:54 am

Hi first sorry for my english
I have trumpet v1 but no more discount for trumpet 3 ?

Best

Giorgio Tommasini

Post by Giorgio Tommasini » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Pascual,

From the Trumpet 3 page:

"How much will I pay? Any Discount? Any Bundle?

All owners of the Trumpet are entitled to purchase the Trumpet 3 for Eur 30 (+ VAT if applicable).
All customers who bought the Trumpet, whether alone or in a bundle, in 2015, are entitled to purchase the Trumpet 3 for Eur 20 (+VAT if applicable).
To obtain the discount coupon, please follow the instructions published in the NEWS".

Best,

Giorgio

pascual

Post by pascual » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:58 pm

oh thank

done !!!

tumpet 3 it's fantastic

thank you thank you