Samplemodeling secret plans unveiled !

All the posts by our Samplemodeling's webmaster
sgenevay

Re: Samplemodeling secret plans unveiled !

Post by sgenevay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:11 pm

of course that will be that order :) that's more logical… it's just that i think that best strings for now are LASS … and i'm sure sample modeling can do far far better…. that's why i don't wanna wait for 3 years to hear that that's all :p eheheh
S.

ondomaler

Post by ondomaler » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Waiting here for these new products (especially the strings!) as eagerly as everyone else, yet cannot help wondering also about the long-promised (non-free) upgrades to the Trumpet and the Trombone which would introduce many fantastic new features as asked by users, and perhaps even more.... :D

Wondering as in "when :?: " Or put more mildly "is there any chance that it might happen in 2013 :roll: "

Sorry for using the w-word here, but it has been almost 1.5 years since the first mentioning of these upgrades on this forum. I'm kind of desperate for these upgrades, especially the one for Trumpet. Whatever the price... ;)

Am I the only one here?

Ben H

Post by Ben H » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:31 am

Well I would rather see the flute first, since I have more use for it than a bassoon/contrabassoon.

You're probably right though that it is more logical that these will be next, since the work that has already been done on the other double reeds.

Strings (solo & ensemble) are still probably a fair way off, I am guessing.

soundtracker

Post by soundtracker » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:56 am

Please please please include an Alto Flute (and if possible Bass Flute) with the Flutes. It would be too bad to miss these in my gradually growing samplemodeling setup.

Ben H

Post by Ben H » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am

soundtracker wrote:Please please please include an Alto Flute (and if possible Bass Flute) with the Flutes. It would be too bad to miss these in my gradually growing samplemodeling setup.
Given that their current trend seems to be to release the instruments in families, I would say that it is highly likely that Alto and Bass Flutes will be included.

Plus, if you look a few pages back you'll notice that Giorgio said "Flutes" (plural) ;)

Deeper

String Bass solo first

Post by Deeper » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:25 am

:idea: I think the most consistent decision would be a Double Bass-upright bass by SM. After bassoons and flutes of course!!!
An acoustic solo bass is a natural and logical completion of a BigBand instruments composition.
:idea: I think a String Bass should be a separate product standing by itself in a separate box.

Professionals need a hight quality acoustic Bass in a huge variety of music stiles: Jazz, Classic, Acoustic Pop, &c... it is the most needed string bowed instrumet.
IMHO :D

Deeper

Post by Deeper » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:33 am

Ben H wrote: "Flutes" (plural) ;)
I surely need a Picolo flute in the box! And us - I think so :)

kalkrishnan

Post by kalkrishnan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Ben H wrote:Well I would rather see the flute first, since I have more use for it than a bassoon/contrabassoon.

You're probably right though that it is more logical that these will be next, since the work that has already been done on the other double reeds.

Strings (solo & ensemble) are still probably a fair way off, I am guessing.
Agreed, I would have MUCH more use for a flute than a bassoon of any kind. And, of course, a violin :). I would probably pass on the bassoon.

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Giorgio, thank you for providing us with an idea of what SM is working on. Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting Flutes and now that it's confirmed there is a product in the pipeline, I won't bother with looking at other products.
Mid-2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro i7 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, OSX 10.10.5, MOTU Ultralite MK3

Ginharbringer

Post by Ginharbringer » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Giorgio Tommasini wrote:Guys,

unveiled secrets are:

1) Bassoon and Contrabassoon

2) Flutes

3) Solo (& Ensemble) Strings

Giorgio & Peter
I'm really curious, in another thread there was mention of an update to the brass that would help with spacialization. How's that going and where would it fit into the above list?