Post by webmaster » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:26 am

June 27th 2016

Dear Samplemodeling Customer,

We are happy to announce that:

The Cello

created by Stefano Lucato & Emanuele Parravicini
in collaboration with Peter Siedlaczek & Giorgio Tommasini
is out!

The newly developed Cello, exploiting a further development of our proprietary platform, namely the SWAM Engine S, and including all the features of previous SWAM-based instruments, plus a completely new set of incredible features, partially exploited in our recently released Viola, can now be purchased and downloaded from our website.

Virtually all the elements contributing to the sound of the real instrument have been introduced in this virtual cello. Bow speed, pressure, direction and distance from the bridge are under player's control. One can also control the resonance of the played string, that of the open strings, the amount of rosin and bow noise, the sharpness of the attack, the bow lift (on the string vs. off the string) on both attack and release, the preferred finger position, and many other parameters. Each parameter can be assigned to any MIDI CC, allowing real time control.

For a detailed description, please visit the Cello product page.

The Cello includes several "instruments" with a different timbre which can be loaded via the main GUI.

The retail price for the Cello is 129 EUR + (+ VAT if applicable).

In addition, all Samplemodeling customers are entitled to a time-limited 10% discount. Please note that this offer expires on August 31st 2016.

To obtain the discount code:
Please send an email with the subject "Cello discount" to:

cello-discount@samplemodeling.com

supplying the name and the serial number (Kontakt), or license key (SWAM) of any of your Samplemodeling products.
In return, you will get a personal, non transferable code number.

It will allow you to purchase The Cello for 116 EUR instead of 129, (excl. VAT)
(Note: It will be an automatically generated e-mail - please do not reply to it).

Enjoy! :D

Giorgio, Peter & the SWAM team.

Pat S

Re: !!! The New Cello is out!!!

Post by Pat S » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:43 am

I downloaded The Cello and loaded it into Garage Band as quick as my fingers could make the keyboard respond and it is SUBLIME! I've been waiting a decade for this product and it does NOT disappoint. BRAVO, Sample Modeling, BRAVO!!

paulcristo

Post by paulcristo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:12 am

Pat S wrote:I downloaded The Cello and loaded it into Garage Band as quick as my fingers could make the keyboard respond and it is SUBLIME! I've been waiting a decade for this product and it does NOT disappoint. BRAVO, Sample Modeling, BRAVO!!

I'm wondering if you've tried loading 8 or so instances to try and make it sound like a proper section. I'm very curious if this is attainable.

Thanks.

Pat S

Post by Pat S » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:54 am

Just two instances so far: effort reflected in the user demo section. No problems beyond my own talent limitations!

paulcristo

Post by paulcristo » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:03 am

Pat S wrote:Just two instances so far: effort reflected in the user demo section. No problems beyond my own talent limitations!
Okay I’ll check it out. When you have a chance, I’d love to hear 8 or so instances to see if a section sound is attainable.

niloc

Post by niloc » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:13 am

Congratulations Giorgio, Peter and the Swam team the new cello is superb! having owned the Garritan Goffriller cello
I think this blows it out of the water(though I intend to use both together) and look forward to the violin to make the team complete.The tremolo section opens up new possibilities for sounds never heard before and I can't stop playing this thing,thankyou.