The Trumpet 3 is out !!!!

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
Kobir

Re: The Trumpet 3 is out !!!!

Post by Kobir » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Tested with EWI today. It coexist with no issues with my 2.52, as it loads as a separate Kontakt library. It works great with wind controller, respond and sound very similar to 2.52. The breath sound on low velocity is suddle and make it sound bit more realistic. Editing harmonics is cool and allow you to further customize the sound, but by default it sound almost identical to 2.52. Virtual soundstage seems nice, but I haven't had chance to play with it enough.

Plougot

Post by Plougot » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:25 pm

As for myself love it, and find it very different in the way it reacts. Way more "punch". The raw sound in itself is the same, but the attacks seems way more pleasing now. I don't know if it just the way it reacts to inputs or something else (or just me hearing things ^^), but I love it.
And the virtual stage is marvelous! Personnaly, that's the main thing I was waiting for, since the dry sound of the trumpet is really harsh and hard to mix without making it dull or synthetic. Now it's super easy to blend it without losing its "punchy" quality.
The sculpting of the frequencies is also very nice, and even more useful than on a trombone since the trumpets is usually one of the most "on top" instrument in a mix.
For me, this update is a no-brainer!
Last edited by Plougot on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeppusclub

Post by zeppusclub » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 am

OK

Thanks for the reply ... i order it today and i'll try before the end of the week.

Regards,

Ben H

Post by Ben H » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:20 am

matt_the_manic wrote:hi there! took advantage of the upgrade offer yet I am not able to play the new trumpet 3 is I am running kontakt 5.3.1 on mac 10.6.8 ... can you make trumpet 3 available for kontakt 5.3.1 as well or create a swam engine version of it? any ideas? best wishes! Matt :-)
They can't make it for an earlier Kontakt version.

Since it is a Kontakt Player library, it is NI's policy to always use the latest version of Kontakt that is available at the time. Samplemodeling don't really have a choice/say in the matter.

So your only option is to update your OS.

Ben H

Post by Ben H » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:53 pm

matt_the_manic wrote:sure they can make it compatible... look at the new trombone 3
The Trombone 3 came out when Kontakt 4.2 was the latest version of Kontakt. That's why it works with K4.2 and higher.

Since The Trumpet 3 was released when Kontakt 5.4.2 came out, it is only released for this version and higher, as I already stated.

This is NI's policy and Samplemodeling CANNOT do anything about this!!!
Last edited by Ben H on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ben H

Post by Ben H » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:25 pm

matt_the_manic wrote:
Ben H wrote:
matt_the_manic wrote:sure they can make it compatible... look at the new trombone 3
The Trombone 3 came out when 5.3.1 was the latest version.

Since The Trumpet was released when 5.4.2 came out, it is only released for this version and higher, as I already stated.

This is NI's policy and Samplemodeling CANNOT do anything about this!!!

before posting false information here you better check the samplemodeling website more carefully : "The Trombone v. 3.0 is also fully compatible with Kontakt Player 4.2." It simply is possible if you take the effort. :P
They can't make it for a previous version. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

When it gets sent to Native Instruments for special encoding, NI release it for the LATEST version of Kontakt to be released. Samplemodeling DON'T get to decide what version they want to make it for. Native Instruments dictate this and they WILL NOT make it compatible with older versions.

The Trombone came out when version 4 was available... that's why it also works in K4. Now that K5 is available, NI absolutely WILL NOT release Kontakt Player libraries in K4 format.

So feel free to be wrong.

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:34 am

Ben H wrote:. Now that K5 is available, NI absolutely WILL NOT release Kontakt Player libraries in K4 format
They could do a trumpet based on their own SWAM engine. That would run without K5 being installed. :D :D :D
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de