A new BC controller is available!

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
webmaster
Site Admin

A new BC controller is available!

Post by webmaster » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am

Dear Friends,

as you know, Samplemodeling instruments are optimized for virtually any wind and breath controller. The latter is considered by many as an effective alternative to the expression pedal. Unfortunately, all BCs require a dedicated socket (quite uncommon on most keyboards), or an expensive MIDI device interface. Moreover, the popular Yamaha BC3 is no longer available, and very difficult to find second hand.

Therefore, we would like to draw your attention to a company which introduced a well working successor of the Yamaha breath controller BC3.

The advantages of this device are:

1) it does not require a dedicated socket or external interface, since it can be plugged into any USB port of your computer and it's automatically recognized as an additional MIDI input.

2) it comes with a simple but well designed software, allowing precise adjustement of the sensitivity and resolution of the pressure sensor.

Please visit:

http://www.tecontrol.se/index_files/USB ... roller.htm for further details.

This BC device is very suitable to control our instruments.

Peter & Giorgio

dagmarpiano

Re: A new BC controller is available!

Post by dagmarpiano » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:10 am

I've just bought and received delivery of this.

I've never played any wind instrument but the Clarinet sounds REALLY great after 20mins practice. You can get a lovely controlled vibrato by blowing your cheeks out and doing a 'yayayaya' movement with your tongue :)

Tillenburg

Post by Tillenburg » Wed May 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi,

can I really trust this company?

Look at the indexpage www.tecontrol.se. Nothing, only an email-adress. I cannot find the name of the company, nor can I find the adress or any more information.

IMHO this is not serious. Sorry!

Peter Siedlaczek

Post by Peter Siedlaczek » Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 am

Hi,

could you please explain what (or who) is not serious?
I cannot find the name of the company
Could it be that you have some problems with your browser?.. :-)
The name of the company is clearly readable on both pages (on the top left), following your or our link: TEControl.
nor can I find [...] any more information.
If you either follow the link we published, or, from your link, the menu Products -> MIDI Breath Controller + More Details, you will reach the page of the link in our post. There, you will find more than enough technical and other information, including: Home, Products, Services, Support, Contact, Shipping & Handling.

Please note: we would never publish links to unknown or unreliable companies.

Peter & Giorgio

DanRad

Post by DanRad » Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 pm

The TEC BC is great, while not exactly slick in design, it works as advertised and is cheap and easy to use.. It really opens up a lot of expression for us keyboard players.

Dan Rad

Tillenburg

Post by Tillenburg » Sun May 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Peter,

thanks for your answer.
Peter Siedlaczek wrote:Please note: we would never publish links to unknown or unreliable companies.
I am sure, that this is right.
But:
Peter Siedlaczek wrote:Could it be that you have some problems with your browser?.. :-)
This must be the reason, but I don't know why. I am using Internet Explorer 10. I tried in IE9 - the same. Using the IE I see no menu, no Company name, only the article and an email-link. Nothing More!

As a result of your answer, I tried the link in my IPad. Well, here I can see everything you described, so sorry for my posting. It was not in my mind, that there could be a problem with IE.

lafauna

Post by lafauna » Sat May 25, 2013 7:18 am

Another one:

http://www.mrtaudio.com/breath-controller.html

What do you thing?

Chaim

Post by Chaim » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

How does this Tec BC work? You play the keyboard while blowing into the mouth piece?

Phil999

Post by Phil999 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 pm

by coincidence I saw a demonstration of that bc today. Looks and sounds convincing. Actually it's a demonstration of the Yamaha VL-1, but the MRT MIDI BREATH CONTROLLER is shown as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWxCrz3vmQ