!!! Ms. Sax S., the Virtual Soprano Sax, is OUT!!!

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
Ben H

Re: !!! Ms. Sax S., the Virtual Soprano Sax, is OUT!!!

Post by Ben H » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:03 am

Hi Dick,

Reverbs are always a matter of one's own opinion, but I find the default amount of reverb in Ms. Sax S quite subtle & tasteful.

Of course you can always increase of reduce the reverb to taste. You can also turn it off for a completely dry signal, or to use an external reverb of choice.

EDIT: You can drive the reverb a bit harder if you want, but it'll sound crap if you do (IMHO).

Anyway, I think what matters MOST about Ms. Sax S (or any of the saxes) is NOT the reverb, but the original TONE. And this is one area where Ms Sax really excels.

The core tone and tone-shaping abilities of Ms Sax are fantastic and allow for much customisation and personalisation of *your* sound.

I don't know whether you got into tweaking the settings in depth with the other SM Saxes. Ms. Sax is the same as the others, but with a much better layout.

Anyway, HTH with your decision.
Last edited by Ben H on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dickbarbour

Post by dickbarbour » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:55 am

Ben,
This is very helpful. I got used to the Kontakt reverbs with the other SM instruments and wondered if there was something similar with Ms. S, but the way you describe it, it's fine.
Thanks,
Dick

gtgarner

Post by gtgarner » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm

How long will it take to put your other instruments on the new engine?

bartp

Post by bartp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 am

Ben H wrote:I'm loving it too. ;)

I just spent the last 3hrs playing it with my wx5, and I didn't notice the time disappearing. :D

hi, could you talk a bit more about using it with the wx5.
is it playable live, or do you need an editor to get the most out of it?
is it playable right out of the box?
since you are used to playing a real soprano, how does it compare?
...?
would you be so kind to upload a demo using it with the wx5?

thanks
Bart

Stefano Lucato

Post by Stefano Lucato » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:50 pm

gtgarner wrote:How long will it take to put your other instruments on the new engine?
We are still evaluating what are the instruments that can make the most advantage from the new engine.
:)
Best
Stefano

Rabbit531

Post by Rabbit531 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi - i have been checking in a lot lately and i missed a couple of days and there it was! as promised before Xmas!

My congratulations to the whole team - I am sure this was a huge job putting Ms S. out on a new platform. Appreciated! I did not even bother with the discounts as i feel your products need to be supported as much as possible. I am in business myself so i have some small idea of the time and costs involved.

All the best for the holidays and new year!

Del

zeppusclub

Post by zeppusclub » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:19 am

Hi!!!! what a wonderfull new's ...

Stefano : the goal is not only the avantage that could take instruments to run under swam or the time it will take to SM to convert them ... keep in your mind that many of us play live with wind controller an sm instrument and then, it would be easier for us to have just one engine running in the daw : for the cpu, memory and hard drive, for the vst connexion, for the midi connexion, and mostly for the capability of switching from an instrument to the other with the midi automation.

Great job, merry christmas and happy new year !!!

I hope christmas dad distribute miss "s" under pine wood asap....

Zeppusclub

jps

Post by jps » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:55 pm

I`ve been waiting for this for a long time and the only thing I can say is , wow :-)

The sound is great and the SWAM engine is brilliant !!!

Merry Christmas to the Samplemodeling team !!!

All the best
Jan

gtgarner

Post by gtgarner » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:50 pm

I bought the new Mrs Sax when it first came out. Now there's a discount. What gives?

Simbosan

Post by Simbosan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:12 am

This was my Christmas present =) I think I'm guilty of unwrapping it before the day!

It's absolutely gorgeous. I had to swap the Expression CC to 2 as it didn't seem to auto learn correctly. Yeah I did switch to the Windcontroller version =)

I think it's your best instrument yet, it sounds just fabulous and plays so naturally. The auto overblow is particularly sweet. I would say the flutter is my least favourite effect but I can almost do that myself now.

So a big thumbs up from me for the SWAM engine, I always disliked Kontakt UI and their wierd licensing system so I think this is a great step forward. Hopefully other instruments can be brought in soon as I would use SampleModeling products for everything if I could, you guys have no competition for quality of product.

Cheers

S