!!! Ms. Sax S., the Virtual Soprano Sax, is OUT!!!

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
zenasium

Re: !!! Ms. Sax S., the Virtual Soprano Sax, is OUT!!!

Post by zenasium » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:41 am

As a frenchy, i just have one word to qualify Ms Sas S :

Magnifique !!

What a great job. Anything more to say ? Yes !
I share zeppusclub opinion. If we could have only one engine for all the instruments (or only all the sax), it will be more easier without any hesitation.

Another question : today, i get a message about a 10% promotion for those of us that have an other SM product. can this promotional offer be applied for those like me that have click directly on the buy button as Ms sax S came out ?

Thanks guys and bravo

Phil

Ben H

Post by Ben H » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:01 am

gtgarner wrote:I bought the new Mrs Sax when it first came out. Now there's a discount. What gives?
There has always been a 10% discount, even when it was first announced.

The information was written (and still is), on the Ms Sax S Products page, underneath the How much will I pay? Any discount? Any bundle? heading.

It is only just now that they have sent out the email about it though.

Eric777

Post by Eric777 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 pm

MS Sax sounds incredible. I was also very surprised and pleased to see the lower price, especially after such a herculean effort with the new platform. Perhaps NI takes a piece of the action with Kontakt libraries?

I am so sorry to gripe at all, but seeing that I only get one major hardware upgrade after my first installation has made me think I should wait and upgrade my hw one more time before buying this. Two more hw upgrade cycles might span 5 years, but ms sax isn't likely to be obselete for a decade or two, if even that.

I would like to suggest that maybe tying the license to hardware like iLok rather than my current PC would be more useful for many users. I used to *hate* hardware dongles, feeling they restricted me somehow, but after using an iLok for Ivory I now love them. I upgrade and swap components without fear of ever running out of licenses of Ivory. However, my NI instruments I simply have to hope and pray that each time they will grant me permission to the software I paid for on my new rig. I plug my dongles into internal usb ports and they are out of sight and out of mind (and out of reach of a casual thief). Modern motherboards are full of components. To me, internally mounting an iLok is no different than having a license that is tied to my mobo, except now I'm specifying which component it's tied to (the usb dongle), and have the freedom to re-seat that component in a new system without fear.

Would it be possible to give users a choice of using a hardware key or not? That is probably too much for you guys to have to deal with I imagine.

Beautiful work on this instrument, I am always so impressed by your work. On the Ms Sax page I read where you said that SWAM might make new instruments come sooner - that would be amazing. I am wishing very much for viola/bass/violin/cello.

-Eric Hart

Giorgio Tommasini

Post by Giorgio Tommasini » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Nothing to worry, Eric,

please have a look at this thread: http://www.samplemodeling.com/forum/vie ... ?f=2&t=567

An online deinstallation/reinstallation procedure has been developed, and will be shortly available.

Dongles may represent an interesting alternative, but they are costly, and not easily available in many countries. Our copy protection, though perhaps less effective, is user-friendly. That's the best we could work out. :-)

Giorgio

woofles

Post by woofles » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 am

Hi , I've not been able to authorise my Ms Sax S because it is not possible to enter the Licence Key dialog box that appears when Ms Sax loads. My DAW is Ableton Live 8 and Windows 7 64 is the operating system. The dialog box appears but although the cursor can be seen, typing doesn't have any effect or rather hitting the first key seems to freeze the dialog box

leleswam

Post by leleswam » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi woofles,

we'll test the authorization process on Ableton Live 8 / Windows 7 64 bit.

In the meanwhile, you can authorize your Ms Sax S on another host (even a free one, like vsthost/savihost/Chainer/Cantabile lite), and then run it in Ableton Live 8.

Best Regards
Emanuele

Simbosan

Post by Simbosan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I have an identical setup and managed to get it to work. Wish I could remember how =) But it will work, try with empty set if you didn't already. But keep poking around, there's a way through the maze

woofles

Post by woofles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:44 pm

All is well , downloaded Cantabile and authorisation went without a hitch, it is now working fine inside Ableton Live, it's a cool sounding instrument. Plus Cantabile looks like an interesting program so I guess it all turned out for the best. 8-)