Our plans

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
kalkrishnan

Re: Our plans

Post by kalkrishnan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 am

Well, not everyone is looking for ensemble sounds from solo instruments! I have ZERO interest in this, which is why different folks need different instruments.

I would, of course, like to see flutes and double reeds as well, but would definitely like to see strings first!

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 am

I hope to be the very first customer when flute/s are released! That's a no-brainer purchase for me.
Mid-2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro i7 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, OSX 10.10.5, MOTU Ultralite MK3

zenasium

Post by zenasium » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Not me, i'm a flutist :D

I Think have more interest with some more ethno instruments like a good duduk, ethno flutes, etc.

There are so much strings to get today, and i'm not a great fan of such ensemble sound. Ethno strings ? yes ! like irish violin, or mongolian strings, but simple string...

Just an opinion :P

Plougot

Post by Plougot » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Anyway, I suppose, logically, their next move might be some woodwinds, in order to complete the "woodwind family"... It sounds like the more logical path to me, but maybe things are different from the inside ^^
Nevertheless, I think nearly everyone would buy new woodwinds, whereas more ethnical instruments would be at least as much hard work, for less sales at the end (well, i would buy them personaly, but as far as statistic goes... don't know).
I can be wrong, of course ^^

Deeper

Post by Deeper » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm

My dream is Oboes, English Horn, Bassoons and a Double Bassoon at first. The same quality level like Clarinets are!!! It seems... incredible!!!

Kobir

Post by Kobir » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 pm

In case this feedback is influencing the release priority. I think a SWAM flute that responds and sounds as good as SWAM clarinet and saxes will be very successful. Lots of your user base plays jazz and classical and flute is very popular in both. Strings or Oboe will mostly attract classical musicians and if they already own VSL, they might not even purchase it, since VSL is already very good...

kalkrishnan

Post by kalkrishnan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 pm

I think the Samplemodeling team has already revealed their hand, in the contest they just ran. Looks like the next one will be double-reeds (Oboe, etc.).

Deeper

Post by Deeper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 am

Kobir wrote:...they might not even purchase it, since VSL is already very good...
My opinion is different. Comparing VSL Clarinets and Brass with SampleModeling Clarinets and Brass - difference is endless - VSL seems to be uncontrollable! (i respect vsl team... vienna ensemble pro is unique and very good software)

Deeper

Post by Deeper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:36 am

kalkrishnan wrote:Looks like the next one will be double-reeds (Oboe, etc.).
In the comparison thread "Too real, or not too real, that is the question" webmaster wrote:
"...Which instruments? Most likely the double reeds (oboe, english horn, bassoon.. ). When will they be available? Most likely a question of a few months..." Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013.
I believe that these instruments will be sold very successfully!

soundtracker

Post by soundtracker » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Woodwinds in the first half of 2013 would be in-cre-di-ble!
(I will also buy the new saxophones although i nearly never need them. I bought Mr. Sax T years ago for a specific job and the update for me seems to be a no-brainer.
Ms. Sax S could be used as some kind of strange clarinet and the Bari could be a good option to play along with low brass instruments (in an orchestral, film music context))

But real woodwinds from SM, especially double reeds, are a dream coming true. On the other hand i really don´t need Solo or Orchestral strings as i do own nearly all libraries on the market and with the new Spitfire Sable Strings a really great and versatile small section is out.
I will check SM´s approach on strings out when it´s there nonetheless, but strings are the least problem out there i´d say.