!!! Samplemodeling new baby: Ms. Sax S !!!

All the official new product / update announcements from the Samplemodeling team
webmaster
Site Admin

!!! Samplemodeling new baby: Ms. Sax S !!!

Post by webmaster » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:06 am

Samplemodeling proudly announces the new member of the Sax family:
Ms. Sax S ! 8-)

The much awaited Soprano Sax, developed on an entirely new platform by Stefano Lucato.

Stefano's first demo of the beta prototype:

http://www.sample-modeling.com/Demos/So ... _YP_SL.mp3

valouz

Re: !!! Samplemodeling new baby: Ms. Sax S !!!

Post by valouz » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:50 am

Waou !

I WANT I T NOW !

How do you proceed to do trill with some few upper octave notes (at 1:13) ? Keyswitch ?

When do you plan to release your new baby ?

Again Waou !

Mick Emery

Post by Mick Emery » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Just heard the demo on Facebook. Beautiful! Another winner!

Mick

pgill

Post by pgill » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Eagerly awaited this, would also like an estimated time of arrival. As I mainly play Soprano this will be amazing.

Regards Pete.

Blancanegra

Post by Blancanegra » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Congratulations Samplemodeling!

My best wishes for 2011!

Rabbit531

Post by Rabbit531 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Congrats and Happy New Year (Felice anno nuovo)

I must confess the first time I listened to this I was totally engrossed in the music and forgot I was supposed to be listening to the sax - is that all you Stefano (playing/composing) or others as well? Very Impressive!

The second time i played it was for the soprano and it certainly is consistent with all your other fine products. When I actually get to play them myself I always find them even better! This new platform sounds very interesting as well.

Not to be a pain, but any news, plans on the stringed instruments??

Del

Giorgio Tommasini

Post by Giorgio Tommasini » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Happy New Year back to you, Del !

French Horn and Tuba first.

The new platform opens new avenues for the development of solo strings. Stefano works really fast.

That's all ;)

Giorgio & Peter

Perry

Post by Perry » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:52 am

The Soprano demo sounds great! The thought of a new proprietary player is exciting news as well. It raises all kinds of questions for me. :shock: Will it be able to use the existing Samplemodeling instruments? Will they still be licensed through Native Instruments? Multiple instruments in one player? I kind of hope that as a dedicated player for SM libraries, it will be streamlined & efficient. As for French Horn & Tuba...YES! :D Thanks for the update Giorgio! I've been constantly checking this forum for news. Happy 2011!! -Perry-

Eric777

Post by Eric777 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 pm

New sax sounds fantastic! Tuba and French Horn I know will be wonderful too.

Just so you know Giorgio and gang, I'm going to throw a little mini-party at my house in all your honors when you release that viola, or any bowed string for that matter! We'll have cake and the whole bit, maybe with a little viola drawn with icing, and me and the kids will all wear party hats and blow incessantly on festive noise-makers. Yes, I want it *that* bad!

I don't use a lot of brass or sax in my music, but I absolutely respect the quality and revolutionary nature of these instruments. Please keep em coming, and don't forget the strings! :mrgreen:

Giorgio Tommasini

Post by Giorgio Tommasini » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Perry,

the new platform is completely independent of Kontakt, and will not be licensed through Native Instruments.

Althought specifically developed for our instruments, it uses a much more sophisticated engine, involving elements of physical modeling, very demanding in terms of CPU load. Strenuous optimisation yielded a CPU load comparable to that of our Kontakt based instruments.

Since the code has been optimised for a single instrument, the concept of loading several instruments on a single plugin does not really make sense here. What we offer are solo virtual instruments, not conventional libraries. Sample based libraries for solo instruments are in our opinion basically obsolete.

Eric,

don't forget to invite Giorgio, Peter & Stefano to your party! Though we drink and eat immoderately, we still are good guys, capable of amazing real time performances using Samplemodeling instruments. ;)

All the best,

Giorgio