advantages of EWI 4000s over EWI USB

Please post here topics concerning use of windcontrollers with our instruments
paulewi

advantages of EWI 4000s over EWI USB

Post by paulewi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:06 pm

If you plan to only play live sample modeling instrument samples, is the 4000s still better than the USB version of EWI? I have no plan to record.

Paul

dstong

Re: advantages of EWI 4000s over EWI USB

Post by dstong » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:52 pm

I think so and primarily because a lot of people have reported serious problems with the EWI-USB software that is supposed to let you configure the parameters. Akai has been notified by many people of problems with their software and they have done nothing about it.

I have given up using my EWI-USB because I cannot reliably modify any of the parameters.

On the EWI-4000s, you have knobs and switches for doing these things and as annoying as it may be in some cases, it always works -although I suspect some of them drift with large temperature changes.

I have not had my hands on the new EWI5000, so I don't have anything useful to say about it, but maybe someone who has one could chime in and tell us if they know of any advantages over the EWI-4000s.

Dan

frokka

Post by frokka » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:01 pm

dstong wrote:I have given up using my EWI-USB because I cannot reliably modify any of the parameters.
Use the tool from Cognitone:
http://www.cognitone.com/link.stml?to=ewi

dstong

Post by dstong » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:48 pm

Frokka,

Thanks for the link. I'm eager to try it out and will report back on my experience.

Dan :)