Script for keyswitches

Please post here topics concerning use of windcontrollers with our instruments
MSchnell

Re: Script for keyswitches

Post by MSchnell » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:04 am

frokka wrote:if you move from a note to a keyswitch the note will still play.
The EWI firmware would need to detect that while moving several fingers no other note is intended to be played.

I don't think that will work. (BTW I do own a Wind controller: a rather old WX7, so I did some limited practicing with same.)

-Michael
Last edited by MSchnell on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:08 am

Maddcow wrote:Unfortunately, your chances are about a million to one that AKAI will do anything.
AFAI remember several discussions, AKAI ignoring many requests, did not even modify the EWI USB firmware to do the perfectly obvious: send Midi Events via USB.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:15 am

MSchnell wrote:
Maddcow wrote:Unfortunately, your chances are about a million to one that AKAI will do anything.
AFAI remember several discussions, AKAI ignoring many requests, did not even modify the EWI USB firmware to do the perfectly obvious: send Midi Events via USB.

-Michael
Yep. AKAI would have to be one of the worst companies I've experienced in terms of completely ignoring customer feedback and requests. Unbelievable.
Mid-2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro i7 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, OSX 10.10.5, MOTU Ultralite MK3

frokka

Post by frokka » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:13 pm

MSchnell wrote: The EWI firmware would need to detect that while moving several fingers no other note is intended to be played.
It already does that, it's the adjustable key delay option.

frokka

Post by frokka » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm registered at the Patchman forum now, thanks for the tip 8-)

I'm browsing through the forum and doing keyword searches trying to find the topics mentioned. Might take some time.
MSchnell wrote:AFAI remember several discussions, AKAI ignoring many requests, did not even modify the EWI USB firmware to do the perfectly obvious: send Midi Events via USB.
What exactly is not being sent as MIDI?