"Live" recording

Please post here with attachments (Mp3 or zipped files, up to 5 MB) your pieces made with our Virtual Instruments
sfiks

Re: "Live" recording

Post by sfiks » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Jlunman wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:40 pm
Yeah, I think Vienna Jazz Drums has something similar for generating brush sweeps. And it comes with a bunch of demo midi tracks. But Addictive Drums looks great too, and doesn't require a stupid usb dongle, which I'm sad to say may be a deal-breaker for Vienna, despite how great their product seems. I'll be taking a close look at Addictive Drums and listening to their demos. A cursory glance looks impressive so far.
Enjoyed your composition!
I used Addictive Drums brushes and wasn't satisfied with velocity response.
I had to use additional instance of VST just for sweeps :x !
(01:08/58)
https://soundcloud.com/sfiks/swing-from-the-past

Jlunman

Post by Jlunman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks. I thought the demos sounded decent, but I'll definitely take that into consideration.

I'm also taking a look at EZDrummer, which has a jazz expansion pack. It includes brushes, but I'm not finding much in the way of demo songs that use them, which really makes me wonder how good they are...

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 pm

I remembered that I do have a "light" version of EZdrummer I once got as a giveaway with some other product. I loaded the most recent version and installed it.

In fact at the first sight, I am not impressed at all.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

frokka

Post by frokka » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:59 am

MSchnell wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:14 pm
In fact I suppose that decent manual programming brushes is extremely hard or close to impossible to do, so Addictive Drums' groove engine might be very helpful.
Can they be played via normal MIDI, or are they just part of an on/off loop engine?

Jlunman

Post by Jlunman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 am

frokka wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:59 am
Can they be played via normal MIDI, or are they just part of an on/off loop engine?
Yeah, all three libraries discussed in this thread so far (Vienna, EZDrummer, Addictive Drums) are MIDI based, where each drum is sampled individually and is controlled by MIDI notes. The preset beats are MIDI patterns, not recorded drum loops.

If it weren't for the stupid USB dongle, I would buy Vienna Jazz Drums in a heartbeat, as I think it has the nicest overall sound and an amazing level of control. Still evaluating the other two, but leaning toward Addictive Drums.

Jlunman

Post by Jlunman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:51 pm

For now, I've increased the reverb on the drums, and updated the track on SoundCloud.

@MSchnell, please let me know how it sounds to you now.

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Seems much more "cohesive" now.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de