Saxophones saving as preset file crashes system ( receptor v

Please post here with attachments (Mp3 or zipped files, up to 5 MB) your pieces made with our Virtual Instruments
doc holywood

Saxophones saving as preset file crashes system ( receptor v

Post by doc holywood » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 pm

When i save alt sax as fxp preset under user map,
my system reboots everytime.
Please advise how to open sm sax without screen connected, thus from front panel of receptor vip.
I saw similar remark on Google somewhere...

MSchnell

Re: Saxophones saving as preset file crashes system ( recept

Post by MSchnell » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:36 am

Unfortunately I can't help :( .

I read that Receptor is not sold any more by Muse.
Do they still offer any support for their customers ?

Two years ago I considered to buy a Receptor, but I decided against that option, and instead built my own portable music system for "live" VST playing with master keyboards and "Breath, Bite, Nod and Tilt" controller. The decision was done with respect to price, versatility and ease of upgrading the hardware when appropriate.

Like Receptor, it is rugged and has not moving part, "on-stage" running "headless" without keyboard, mouse and monitor, and up till now has proved very reliable.

It's housed in a trunk instead of a 19" box. The hardware is an "embedded" fanless PC (i7 CPU 4*2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, SSD), enhanced by a NI "Audio6" Audio and Midi I/O USB device plus DI box.

It runs Windows 7 instead of Linux (as there is no software available that on Linux mimics the propriety Reactor software).

As a VST Host, I use "Reaper" (DAW), enhanced by several add-ons (freely available, partly done by myself) that allow for perfect live usage - i.e. complete midi control - of the system.

Configuring the stuff was not exactly easy ;) (I wrote a documentation on that), but now I am very happy with that decision.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

leleswam

Re: Saxophones saving as preset file crashes system ( recept

Post by leleswam » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:45 pm

doc holywood wrote:When i save alt sax as fxp preset under user map,
my system reboots everytime.
Please advise how to open sm sax without screen connected, thus from front panel of receptor vip.
I saw similar remark on Google somewhere...

@doc holywood please write to info@swamengine.com

Best,
Emanuele
SWAM team