Triumph At Alexandria

Please post here with attachments (Mp3 or zipped files, up to 5 MB) your pieces made with our Virtual Instruments
RCurrie311

Triumph At Alexandria

Post by RCurrie311 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to quickly share an original orchestral piece that I did featuring SampleModeling. "Triumph At Alexandria" is a mock, vintage-style extended movie trailer -- or tone poem. All of the brass and woodwinds are courtesy of SampleModeling, as is the solo viola. The remainder is done by other libraries such as Berlin Strings, Impact Soundworks' Oud and some factory Kontakt content.

Thanks for listening, hope you enjoy. Cheers!

~Bob Currie

https://www.reverbnation.com/robertcurr ... alexandria

Perry

Re: Triumph At Alexandria

Post by Perry » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Bravo! Thanks for sharing. Great piece of music!

PHILFRANCE 6315

Post by PHILFRANCE 6315 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Fabulous work, the orchestration is sublime! :)

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:35 pm

I don't suppose a production by Hans Zimmer played by an Orchestra would be more appropriate for the movie you have in mind, (but a lot more expensive). :)

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

ModernBard

Post by ModernBard » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:09 am

I am genuflected and inspired by this. Well done and thank you for sharing.

RCurrie311

Post by RCurrie311 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words! :-) I'm really loving the SampleModeling instruments. Being able to actually play them like a real wind instrument (TEC breath controller) is incredibly inspiring. Looking forward to more!

~Bob

P.S. FWIW, I'm a trombone player from way, way back, and I really love the SM trombones. But one thing that I had to adapt to was NOT using tonguing technique with the TEC controller - it doesn't have a low enough latency. Once I realized that SM is modeling tonguing with keyboard velocity, I started to get a feel for controlling the "broad strokes" with my breath and "tonguing with my fingers". The rest is history. I now feel like I have a really responsive set of instruments at my command. Truly great stuff. Thanks again SampleModeling!

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:18 am

RCurrie311 wrote:one thing that I had to adapt to was NOT using tonguing technique with the TEC controller - it doesn't have a low enough latency.
I am a TEC BBC user as well and I do have a very old Yamaha WX7 wind controller (I never really learned to manage the fingering :( ). I also found that the TEC baby is a lot slower than the WX7. Same (with the SWAM Flute) can do a Flutter Tong , while the TEC does not reproduce the effect.

I am going to buy the TEC BBCv2 very soon. ON their Website they say it should be able to handle flutter tong. (Maybe they tweaked that due to my complaining :) .) Did you try that baby ?

Another drawback with TEC and Samplemodeling is that both don't support "high resolution Midi" (hence only 128 different values for Breath / Expression instead of 16384 that would be distinguishable with "high resolution"). This fact seems to result in not being able to decently play rather low (lower than "p", resulting in an "expression" value of some 7) range.

-Michael

RCurrie311

Post by RCurrie311 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:57 am

Hi Michael,

Great info on the new TEC - I'll definitely look into it. If you get a chance to try one, please let us know what you think. Thanks!

~Bob

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:58 am

RCurrie311 wrote:Hi Michael,

Great info on the new TEC - I'll definitely look into it. If you get a chance to try one, please let us know what you think.
There is a special offer (-10%) on the BBC for SampleModeling users up to end of this month.

I will take advantage of that.

-Michael

HonorableBedlamite

Post by HonorableBedlamite » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:13 pm

Wow! Excellent work. Really impressive.