Sample Modeling instruments used on instrumental recording

Please post here with attachments (Mp3 or zipped files, up to 5 MB) your pieces made with our Virtual Instruments
Panzerewi

Sample Modeling instruments used on instrumental recording

Post by Panzerewi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi!

Sample Modeling has provided us with wonderful virtual instruments which can be used constructively, both live and on recording :D . I thought I would share some excerpts (https://soundcloud.com/saxonmaster/sets ... ruments-on) from a recent recording I did with my band Panzerpappa, where we used the SM trumpet and trombone quite a bit. There are 4 extracts where the 2 SM instruments are used in combination with acoustic saxophones (soprano and alto). On the third excerpts, I've also used the SWAM tenor sax. All SM instruments were played using the EWI.

Hope you like it :) .

MSchnell

Re: Sample Modeling instruments used on instrumental recordi

Post by MSchnell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Great !
Can you give a description of the instruments / performers used when live playing ?

-Michael (happily using SM Flutes and TEC BBC for live performances, we don't do "serial" recordings).
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

Panzerewi

Re: Sample Modeling instruments used on instrumental recordi

Post by Panzerewi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks.

We are essentially a 5-piece band, so we normally need to simplify the arrangements when playing live. But at the release party a few months back, we supplemented the line-up with a trumpet player and a trombone player (playing the lines which on the record are performed on the EWI with the SM instruments). Normally, whenever we need to use one of the SM instruments live, I play it on my beloved EWI :) .