Sweet Cello test

Please post here with attachments (Mp3 or zipped files, up to 5 MB) your pieces made with our Virtual Instruments
Perry

Sweet Cello test

Post by Perry » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 am

Loving the Cello so far. I was going for a less aggressive, somewhat syrupy sound here. Two SWAM flutes as well. Too much fun with a breath controller. :D
Attachments
LaMancha Cello Test.mp3
(2.96 MiB) Downloaded 120 times

ModernBard

Re: Sweet Cello test

Post by ModernBard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Great, thanks for sharing, Perry. Did you need to change any of the settings from the default breath controller patch? I noticed that the default wind controller uses CC for Portamento Time, but the breath controller still uses velocity. Curious if you switched to CC since I hear some parts with nice low dynamics without too much portamento.

Perry

Post by Perry » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:10 pm

ModernBard wrote:Great, thanks for sharing, Perry. Did you need to change any of the settings from the default breath controller patch? I noticed that the default wind controller uses CC for Portamento Time, but the breath controller still uses velocity. Curious if you switched to CC since I hear some parts with nice low dynamics without too much portamento.
I'm controlling legato/portamento with velocity / key transition. I have linked vibrato rate to vibrato depth. I can get some nice nuance that way. Still experimenting with the available options. :)

ModernBard

Post by ModernBard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:47 pm

I see. Thanks for the information.

Janos_McKennitt

Post by Janos_McKennitt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Very nice indeed! The run is very good, I like the sound!

Perry

Post by Perry » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Janos_McKennitt wrote:Very nice indeed! The run is very good, I like the sound!
Thanks Janos!

paulcristo

Post by paulcristo » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:33 am

Perry wrote:Loving the Cello so far. I was going for a less aggressive, somewhat syrupy sound here. Two SWAM flutes as well. Too much fun with a breath controller. :D
Great track! You achieved a very lifelike sound from the solo flute. I'm wondering what settings you might have used to mitigate the "nasal" quality the flute can have. Thanks.

Perry

Post by Perry » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:14 pm

I added two Violas to the original track. I also replayed the Cello part with a little brighter setting.
Attachments
LaMancha Cello plus Violas.mp3
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 18 times