Using key switches

Feel free to ask here all the necessary questions about our Virtual Instruments
Mickeyrouse

Using key switches

Post by Mickeyrouse » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:58 am

I am attempting to use key switches. I am using The Trumpet 3, The Sax Bros., and the Trombone, sequencing parts in Pro Tools/Windows with direct entry- no keyboard. According to the manual, I should be able to access a particular articulation- short fall by keying B1, for example. Though not explicitely stated, I take this to mean that if I enter B1 on the sequencer "piano roll" at the same time as a partcular note, then the note wil "fall to nowhere". The note plays, but doesn't fall. I can get a similar effect by entering a series of notes descending chromatically, but that gets time-consuming?
Do I understand this right, or do I just miss it, and such effects are only avaialable if using a keyboard? If not, what am I doing wrong?

MSchnell

Re: Using key switches

Post by MSchnell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:19 pm

The Fall needs to be triggered after the note itself. I don't know if there is a minimum delay, though.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

Mickeyrouse

Post by Mickeyrouse » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:54 am

Okay, if that's the case, what happens to the note played after that? Does it fall as well, or does the B1 keyswitch only apply to a single note at a time?

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:29 am

Should be easy enough to try out :) . I don't have the (Kontakt based) Trumpet, but the (SWAM) Flute, and so I can't do that for you.

In fact the idea of a "Fall " is to play a Note and after some time have it fall down instead of end normally.

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de