SWAM Strings and strange behavior - auto. changes

Feel free to ask here all the necessary questions about our Virtual Instruments
Elrond

SWAM Strings and strange behavior - auto. changes

Post by Elrond » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:52 am

I contact support friday a week ago (from swam contact formular), but I am not sure if my post was delivered, because I don't get any confirmation, therefore I write this post.

Problem is, strings (violin, viola or cello) are automaticly change some parameteres under option. For example Dynamic Curve, Vibrato fade, speed etc.. It is more obvious if you working with large group of strings, or you trying make section, sometimes one or more strings have less volume because Dynamic curve is changed, then you have luck, because you know, somethings was changed or something is not right, but sometimes changes are in different option and then you must allways check if something is not changed. This is anoying.

I use latest swam strings update 64bit, and use it under Reaper v5.40 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Edition.

Elrond

Re: SWAM Strings and strange behavior - auto. changes

Post by Elrond » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:38 pm

There was two post, but was deleted, and things was changed during days.

I think I discover where can be problem. When Viola, Violin or Cello interface is appear (it does not matter when instrument is first time added or if I open Interface for SWAM string inside project), that can produce changes.
Possible way how to reproduce problem:
1. I have in Reaper key-shortcut "E" for open Interface for VST and "Escape" for close Interface.
2. Changes can happens when SWAM string is added in to project - after add instrument look in to options.
3. If no changes, reopen interface and look again. For speed up, Open and close with E and Escape quickly more times, for example 3, 5x or more, and then look in to options if something change. I allways got changes.

If reopen is repeated, there are new changes.