SWAM Trumpet and Trombone

Feel free to ask here all the necessary questions about our Virtual Instruments
DannyDep

SWAM Trumpet and Trombone

Post by DannyDep » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:40 am

Are there any plans for a SWAM trumpet and/or trombone....
or even perhaps a package of both in the near future?

MSchnell

Re: SWAM Trumpet and Trombone

Post by MSchnell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:25 am

While I do love my SWAM Flute, and don't have any SampleModeling Kontakt based instruments, I heard very enthusiastic comments about those, be it the Kontakt based saxes and the Trumpet.

So why do you think a SWAM Trumpet/Trombone would be a viable effort to undertake ?

-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

DannyDep

Post by DannyDep » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:26 am

Hi Michael,
"... So why do you think a SWAM Trumpet/Trombone would be a viable effort to undertake ? "

For selfish personal reasons.
I am new to Samplemodeling instruments, having purchased the SWAM Violin last month and this week the SWAM Saxophones.

I noticed that SM sells the Kontakt based Sax Brothers Saxophones as well and thought I would ask if there are any plans for the Trumpet and/or Trombone SWAM instruments.

Why? Because I feel that having another layer of software, Kontakt, to worry about interfacing with my DAW, operating system, graphics card, etc. is just asking for more trouble and more trouble-shooting if one of these items does not like to play nicely with another one.

I am a believer in the KISS method "Keep It Simple Stupid" and like to concentrate on the music and not on any problems or changes that I might have to deal with in new releases of third party products like Kontakt.
And I am in no way demeaning the Kontakt software. Judging by the numbers, I'm sure there are a lot of happy Users out there.
ciao, Dan

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:53 am

This question has been asked a number of times previously and the response has been (my paraphrasing) that Kontakt is the best platform for the particular requirements of the trumpet and trombone (and the brasses in general, I believe).
Mid-2014 15" Retina MacBook Pro i7 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, OSX 10.10.5, MOTU Ultralite MK3

DannyDep

Post by DannyDep » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 am

Hi Maddcow,
Thanks for the response.
Yes, I have just been reading some Topics written by Webmaster and see what you are referring to.
Too bad. I was hoping to be adding those instruments to my SampleModeling library.

Jlunman

Post by Jlunman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 am

All I can say is that from personal experience, I've had no trouble whatsoever with the Kontakt 5 player (which is free as opposed to full-blown Kontakt), and the Trumpet is phenomenal.

I do share your appreciation for keeping things simple, and I like that the SWAM instruments are nice and self-contained. But I haven't found the Kontakt player to add any noticeable overhead. I wouldn't let that be the reason not to buy these amazing instruments.

LHall

Post by LHall » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Have to agree here. Don't avoid the Trumpet and Trombone just because they're in Kontakt. You'll be doing yourself a disservice. They are amazing instruments.

Kobir

Post by Kobir » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:25 am

Yes. I love and use trumpet 3 and Swam flutes and Viola as much. All sound and respond great!