setting up sax brothers with TEC B&B breath in Kontakt5

Feel free to ask here all the necessary questions about our Virtual Instruments
midime2

setting up sax brothers with TEC B&B breath in Kontakt5

Post by midime2 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello, I'm new to Samplemodeling. I've been using VL70-m's for a while and have offset and gain on Yamaha bc's but now I have a TEC controller and sax brothers. How do I get my keyboard to not sound a note until I use the TEC? I've turned things down on the TEC and still can't get sax to not sound without blowing in the breath controller. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

ModernBard

Re: setting up sax brothers with TEC B&B breath in Kontakt5

Post by ModernBard » Tue May 23, 2017 3:13 am

(I use SWAM saxes, not sax brothers, but I believe the following is still correct...)

In all the Samplemodeling instruments there's a setting specifically for indicating that you are using a Breath Controller for input. Selecting that in one of the dropdown options in the UI should enable the behavior you describe. On Sax Brothers, the manual calls this "Input Selection".

If you already have set Input Selection to Breath Control and still have trouble, it's possible the TEC isn't returning back to a value of zero for MIDI Control Channel 2 (CC2). To confirm that you may need to use a MIDI monitor within your DAW to check the values of CC2. You should see the value of CC2 go up as you apply more breath and then drop down to zero when the note is stopped. If you instead see a note off event but CC2 never goes to zero, then you could end up with the strange behavior that you described.

Hope that is helpful.

midime2

Re: setting up sax brothers with TEC B&B breath in Kontakt5

Post by midime2 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:45 pm

Modernbard, Thanks for your reply. I'm so used to yamaha bc. I can adjust offset to get what I need. I'm new to my tec bbc and sax brothers so it's time to learn that.