Touch OSC

Feel free to ask here all the necessary questions about our Virtual Instruments
Casiquire

Touch OSC

Post by Casiquire » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:20 am

Apologies if this has already come up, but a search for OSC returned no results. My question is this: is anybody out there using Touch OSC with SM instruments with success? Touch OSC would be really useful for SM instruments but I'm finding it almost unusable because it doesn't seem to send note-off messages to Kontakt, so all those nice keyswitches that SM comes with don't seem to work. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? When I release a button in OSC I see Kontakt gets some kind of midi message but it seems to just be another note-on. Anyway, any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Casiquire

Re: Touch OSC

Post by Casiquire » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:07 am

Ugh. I hate it when I answer my own question right after posting it! So feel free to delete this thread. The issue I was having was for some reason some of my buttons were limited to sending values of greater than 0, so instead of a note-off, OSC was sending another note value.

Phil999

Post by Phil999 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm about to create a Lemur template/interface for Samplemodeling instruments in Lemur, and maybe also in TouchOSC if there is enough demand.

So if you already use TouchOSC for these instruments, I wanted to ask for what specific task you use it most.

- keyswitches
- parameter control
- other?

Thanks.

amouretmusic

Post by amouretmusic » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello Phil999.

have you developed OSc for sampelmodeling with breath control?

see you later

MSchnell

Post by MSchnell » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:31 am

What exactly are you trying to accomplish ?
-Michael
Music examples -> http://www.boa-sorte.de

Phil999

Post by Phil999 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:57 pm

for TouchOSC I have nothing, for Lemur I tried to build something like a preset system for microtonal scales in SWAM instruments. It doesn't work well, and since they have become a different company I won't continue this anyway. I can send the unfinished Lemur template for those interested, but don't expect much.

I could however give a go for Kontakt and Samplemodeling instruments. Both in TouchOSC and Lemur, if people are interested. You can list the features you want, and I can try to implement them. Although it might take a while, and if you just need some keyswitches, you may build your own template quicker, and I may be able to help if problems arise.